Remove this ad

Lead

Oct 26 16 12:32 AM

Tags : :

Just received my Buccy+ and it is a beauty! The packaging is very solid, they have not saved any costs to protect it during shipping. No fancy white carton box, but an eco friendly one. Good choice. Unpacking was extremely easy and the design of the printer makes it an eye-catcher in our living room. The 100Watt power adapter does its job and even after printing 24 hours non stop it stays warm but does not get hot. The supplied MicroSD card and adapter are no cheap china ones but high quality Sandisk. The display on the Buccy+ and many options of the menu are a great improvement over the original Buccy. Upfront I thought I would miss the WiFi but copying large files with the SD card is much faster and causes no more trouble with WiFi hick-ups of my network. And thanks to the excellent choice of SD card you still do not need to connect a computer to it. The “getting started=12px” user manual gets you up and running in no time. A sample print on the SD card made me sit, relax and admire the Buccy+ within minutes after unpacking. The Cura software (also on SD card) is Windows only, but you can download the OSX version from Cura website for free. Select the 1.5.x version in order to load the ini settings form SD card, they are not yet ready for the new 2.x version. If you want you can work them out yourself, but I liked the 1.5.x version even better than the newer Cura one. Keep in mind that the Buccy+ is already calibrated with your bed, so you do not have to do that at the start, only when you replace the bed. I have used PLA from Pirate3D and Polymaker, both work fine. It is a pleasure to use a complex technical printer that looks like a charm and prints without problems. The sound while printing is not to bad either. It is an excellent choice to get started with 3D printing and the supported print size is sufficient for most users.
Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#1 [url]

Oct 26 16 6:57 PM

Just wondering if they mentioned to you or not if the Cura software will work on the original Buccaneer? I mainly want something that gives me a better Idea of print time remaining but also a more reliable slicing engine as their are quite a few prints I can't print because the original Buccaneer app for windows just can't handle some models.

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help